Thursday October 3, 2013
VAFF (the Vancouver Asian Film Festival Society) is a not-for-profit society, which could not function without the dedication from its volunteers.
From the Exec down to the event volunteers, we are grateful for the generous support we receive. We strive to create a professional and fun-filled atmosphere, one that values the contribution of time and energy of each and every one of you.
This positive environment brings back many volunteers year after year. Friends join in the fun to enjoy the films and parties.
For this November, we will require more than 80 general volunteers to help with our annual film festival. These positions include, but are not limited to ticket taking, ticketing & membership sign up, setting up banners/signage, ushering, driving and postering. There is loads to do and there is something for everyone!
BENEFITS to Volunteers
1. Free access to some events
2. VAFF Movie vouchers
3. Anna’s Cakehouse Gift Certificates
4. Program Tickets for friends and family – pre-festival volunteers
5. DVDs, Blu-rays and other item giveaways at Volunteer parties
6. Meet filmmakers and actors
7. Meet new people
8. Gain leadership/organizational skills
9. Increase cultural diversity in Vancouver and beyond
10. Volunteer Certificates and/or Reference Letters
11. Lots of FUN!
CODE OF CONDUCT for Volunteering
1. Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older to volunteer for Vancouver Asian Film Festival
2. Volunteers will complete and submit online Volunteer Application forms
3. Volunteers should become familiar with duties, box office procedures, program guides, and other Festival details
4. Volunteers will adhere to their assigned schedule by arriving on time and completing the shifts. Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator as soon as possible if you will be late or unable to make a shift so we can make alternate arrangement. Missing more than two shifts without a notice will result in the volunteer privileges being revoked
5. Volunteers will sign in and receive the volunteer badges from Volunteer Coordinators or VAFF executives, and sign out by returning them at the end of their shifts
6. Volunteers will be courteous and respectful of theatre patrons, Festival staff, delegates and other volunteers at all times.
7. Volunteers will not use volunteer experience as an opportunity to pitch screenplay or script to filmmakers or industry delegates while on duty.
Prior to the festival, we ask you to attend one of the two orientation sessions to provide you with all you need to do for a successful contribution to VAFF:
- Wed, Oct 30th, 7:00 – 9:30 pm, at S.U.C.C.E.S.S. office (amended time)
- Sat, Nov 2nd, 11:00 – 1:00 pm, at Cineplex Odeon Theatres (amended time)
If you are interested in volunteering for this year’s festival, please fill out and submit the application form below (mandatory fields are marked by *), and we will be contacting you with more details. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com for any questions.
Due to the overwhelming response from our volunteers, all volunteer positions are currently filled for this year’s Festival. If you would like to submit your information, we will place your name on a waiting list, in case any volunteers should be unable to fulfill their duties. We will contact you in this event. Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Vancouver Asian Film Festival, and we hope that you will come out to enjoy the films.
Wednesday October 2, 2013